Hints and tips to help your photographer get great wedding photographs.
I’ve been a wedding photographer for many years and i’ve Photographed many weddings, in Bromsgrove and all over the West Midlands, I’ve taken thousands and thousands of photgraphs.
A few tips that I would I say helps me make the most of the big day?
- Have a chat with me - what worries you most about having your photographs taken? It may be that you hate having a camera pointed in your direction, or don’t like your arms, or any one of a number of things. No matter how silly it sounds, if I know, and depending upon what it is, there is something I can do about it.
- Have a timeline. Knowing what and when things are going to happen allows me to be in the right place at the right time, and knowing how long I have with each photo will allow me to create the artwork that you will be proud of. It’s also really useful if the Best Man intends to do something unexpected during his speech. If I know it's going to happen, I can be ready for it. Ask your Best Man to speak to me if he has something planned.
- In the morning (or the night before) put all your important weddings items in one place. You’ll want to remember your wedding dress, shoes and jewellery – if they are all together I can photograph them when I get to you – and you won’t have to do any running around.
- Try and get ready in a plain, tidy room. This room will feature in your photographs. An uncluttered room puts the focus on you not what’s in the background.
- Plan to put your dress on about 1hr before you intend to leave. This will give me time to take pictures with all the important people who have been helping you get ready.
- Once you have been pronounced husband and wife, make your first kiss last! This gives me a chance to get a good photograph of a key moment.
- Just before your Wedding day, i’ll send you a questionnaire, it will be about the people that you would like the more formal photographs of.
- One for the boys – if you have a mobile phone with you consider putting it in a back pocket for your pictures, otherwise you’ll end up with a phone shaped bulge.
- If your First Dance is going to be out of the ordinary, tell me so that I can consider how best to capture it.